Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Old woman hired a painter

An old woman hired a painter to paint her house. When the painter entered the house, he saw that the old woman's husband was blind. The painter felt sympathetic towards the couple but the blind man was cheerful and sanguine, so during the few days that the painter worked in that house, he had congenial conversations with the old man.

When the painting work was completed, the old woman found that the painter had given them a very big discount in the bill. She asked the painter. " Why have you deducted so much from the charges?"

The painter replied, "I have had a very pleasant time talking with your husband these few days. His attitude towards life makes me realise that my circumstances are not the worst. I have deducted part of the charges, in appreciation of his kindness, as he has transformed my mentality. I no longer consider my job as hard work. I thank both of you from the bottom of my heart."

The old woman was moved to tears by the painter's GRATITUDE towards her husband, as the painter had only one arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment